Saturday, May 10, 2008

A perfect day






Miller Outdoor Theater did a production of Sleeping Beauty for the week, so we all decided to meet up there on Wednesday. It was still up in the air the night before since the weather might not hold up, but come Wednesday morning, we decided to risk it and venture out. I'm so glad we did. The overcast provided the kind of weather we will only be dreaming of as the heat of summer fast approaches.
The kids were captivated by Sleeping Beauty. I was surprised Nate sat in my lap the entire time glued to the performance.
Afterwards, we all cobbed a squat on a patch of grass and let the kids eat and run around like wild banshees. It was so much fun to see their imagination take over while they were running wild. "Let's be eagles", I heard Mary Evyn say. Then they all ran in circles with their fingertips as far as they could stretch, and chased each other.
After the picnic, we couldn't let the kids leave without riding the train.
This was one of those days I will remember for a long time.

1 comments:

Lawrence Tam said...

"This was one of those days I will remember for a long time."

Wow, thanks, thanks. rub that in. You just wait until you have to work then I get to stay home with the kids.

-- So I took the kids to play lazer tag. the ran and ran. This will be a day I remember for a long time.