Saturday, May 10, 2008

and the fun continues...





Despite us going to Brenham and the kids were already fairly exhausted, we went to the Houston Zoo around 5pm that same day after spending 30 minutes at home to rest before heading out again. Those of you who know me know how I feel about the zoo, but I made an exception since Baker Hughes rented out the zoo for their employees.
Ally and Nathan were joined by baby Josh, Lola, and Moe Moe, so their exhaustion didn't even hit them until the next day. It was 9:30pm, and Nate was still laughing up a storm trying to crawl up my legs. Boy, did it hit him the next day. He refused to eat dinner (my baby rarely turns down food) and decided whining and crying was a better option than eating. He went to bed hungry that night.
Before we went, Ally said she didn't like the zoo, because the animals are trapped (no people, I did not brainwash her). I told her she needs to be happy at the zoo, so that it will make the animals happy when they see her. She totally fell for it and was as joyful as can be until an unfortunate accident happened as we were leaving. She hurt herself trying to get out of the wagon as Law was still pulling her. After she stopped crying, she told me "Mommy, its ok for me to cry, because I was hurt." Poor baby.
I'm so glad friends joined us at the zoo, because it made it all the more enjoyable, for us and the kiddos. Kids got cotton candy, Lawrence got soft serve and a snow cone, and yes friends, not only was 10 scoops not enough to deter me, I got yet another soft serve. I've determined that I enjoy a GOOD soft serve cone over ice cream, unless, of course, it is my beloved amaretto.

1 comments:

Lawrence Tam said...

4000+ people showed up for the Baker event. Crazy!

And jess proceeded to ask a giraffe handler a question "so um, do they need excersise?"

Women! why you gotta bust their chops.