Friday, October 26, 2007

donation time and goodbye xbox360

first off. I was on the fence with the microsoft xbox360 for the longest time. I finally found something to make me decide to NOT get it.

Living Water

Good friends of ours invited us to a gala to help raise money to build and fix water wells all over the world. It just so happens a lot of people don't have clean water to drink. 14,000 people die daily due to preventable water related diseases.

so do I really need 3 gaming systems? DS, Wii AND and xbox360? I have little time as it is so why do I really need to play more games. I don't. So I took the $300 I got from my birthday and donated it. In this way I won't feel like I can still buy one since it's out of my budget. I also took the profits from my windows vista ultimate sale and donated that too. Probably should have donated more but that was a good start I think.

As much as I don't like microsoft, Bill Gates and his wife have donated so much to the community and they actually have a water well donated. Money was given to me for a reason and I need to be responsible enough to release it.

1 comments:

Erin said...

I agree with the label you put on this post. Praise!