Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Big Boy Is One!!!




My sweet Natey turned 1 on Saturday, and to celebrate, the birthday boy had a big bash. Let me just say how nice it is to not do a single thing to prepare for a party. Not the food nor the entertainment. I really had no idea what to expect upon arriving, but let me tell you I did not expect to walk up and see my father-in-law wearing an enormous balloon hat. I was really impressed at the balloon hats and animals they were cranking out. These were not professionals, mind you, but Lawrence's parent's friends that practiced creating these balloon animals for 3 nights. They were definitely a big hit.
The food was good and the service was astonishingly attentive considering we packed the restaurant with over 200 people.

Nathan was such a good boy at his party. He wasnt feeling well since he had a bad case of dirrehea (I had to change 2 explosions during the party), but still put on a happy face the entire time we were there. Poor Daddy wasnt feeling well either so he didn't get to mingle with everyone, enjoy the food, or really relish our baby's birthday. Only when he started feeling better at midnight did we talk about the party and sulk over the fact that my baby is one.

We were really moved by the turnout of the party and everyone that came to celebrate this momentous occassion with us. We just count the blessings Almighty God has bestowed upon us each and everyday. At the top of that list are those 2 special angelpies sleeping upstairs whom the Lord has created especially. They just grow up a little too fast for me to handle. I was telling Anh on Saturday that Lawrence and I were sulking about his birthday, and she said "Girl, you are so having a third one." I never pictured myself with 3 kids, cause let's face it, being an only child, 2 kids seem like alot already. I think Lawrence is secretly sending me subliminal messages in my sleep.

2 comments:

Lawrence Tam said...

after feeling like i was going to die saturday and that I had to depend on on Jess taking care of 2 kids with the runs, I think 2 is about all we can handle.

I'm not sure I can handle 3 kids all by myself.

RC said...

Dang, Nathan already has some Man-hands in that first pic!