Wednesday, March 22, 2006

fall down and he picks me up

so. lets just say I had an awsome day yesterday. Most days are pretty good, but yesterday seemed to be just a little bit better as things come together. I just gotta thank God for all that he has done for me personally.

small things make me happy.

1) ofoto lost my 4 rolls of 35mm film with primarly ally on it. It has been in limbo for about 3-4 weeks. well, yesterday they somehow got it. The almost always get it in less than a week, but for some reason this one took forever. I guess this pissed jess off and now we will be taking our film to ritz.

2) I've recently lost a book through amazon as it took like 4 weeks to deliver. I saw the same symptons with my current order on our new anniversary gift to ourselves, harmony h659 universal remote. turns out, USPS stinks at shipping and if u get tracking your lucky that it actually works. It came in yesterday and it's pimpy. *note to self - do not use the software that comes packaged, always download the newest from the net. Noob mistake cause i lost 30min because of that crappy disc install. remote review to come later*

3) I kind of don't want to know what the sex of the new baby is. but jess can't do it. I like the name Carter for a boy and i guess Emily for a girl. not in concrete as I will still try to pass off Andre or Madden for a boy. but jess took the chinese calender sex test and it says we will be having a boy! tiiiight. a girl would be cool too but i need someone to wear my hand me downs too!

4) the best one of them all..... (not to be more important than the sex of the baby, but considering the calander isn't 100% accurate)
I got hired onto Baker Huges Jan 20, 2006. So I have been working for them for about 2 months. Business here is really good as I was able to get a friend from Satake, Franklin, a position here in my group and he's getting a nice upgrade. When leaving work yesterday I got the suprise from my 2nd line manager "here lawrence, this green envelope is for you, and these are GOOD". OOOOkay. i open it up and WHAT!, I got a raise!. oooooo freaking sweeeeeet. been on the job for 2 months and I got a raise bigger than the standard raise I normally got at Satake! Deyaam.

back story - i was unemployed for 18 months from 2002-2003. I got hired onto Satake as a Designer (not a engineer). I needed to work and get more experience and any job would have done. You would have thought I would love staying home for 18months playing 100+ videogames, taking naps at 10am with Obi, and watching 5th wheel and shipmates, but nope. I went crazy. My mind couldn't take it. That time helped me realize, as much as i rather pattern my life after a sloth, I would much rather do something to stimulate my mind.
When I joined Satake the pay sucked, but was better than nothing and I got a lot of experience. God dropped a job on me and Satake matched it after my 1 yr anniversary. 2nd year at satake brough ally so I needed more finacial stability as kids are expensive. So I got this baker job. So to wrap it up, in a span of 2 years I have doubled my base salary. Yes, that is correct. If I had taken the first job offer I would have lost out big time. Sticking it out at Satake got me solidworks certified and this baker hughes job as a recruiter found my 2 year old resume which i gave him in 2003! So looking back, I didn't see the bigger picture to why I had to get laid off from Motorola. If I was still at Moto, jess would have to move to austin and taking care of ally would have been extremly difficult and I would still be making less money that I do now. Plust it was fun working with Richard for 2+ yrs ;)

just want to say thanks for god to listening to us and hearing our prayer. *psss - can UT basketball run the tables now ?* Thanks.

Law

0 comments: