Monday, April 28, 2008

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood




Knowing that 110 degree days are impending, I wanted to take advantage of all perfect weather days we've got left. Today was one of those days. Grandma and I took the kids to Oyster Creek Park to bask in the sun.
I took the picture on the right, because I love that Ally would stop mid-stride and just start dancing, and Nate, wanting to do any and everything his sister does, starts dancing along to the music in Ally's head. Classic! They're new favorite activity for the moment is running into my closet with all their mei-mei's (its the privileged name only given to Ally's most favored stuffed animals, which of course, is what Nate is now calling them as well), and shutting the door behind them. It's actually our morning routine now. This is what they do while I'm getting ready in the morning. I just hear them cracking up in there, and it makes me smile while I'm getting ready. What's so funny about stuffed animals? Oh, if only I could be so easily amused again.

0 comments: