Thursday, March 20, 2008

Yee Haw, its the Rodeo





We went to the rodeo today, and it was a beautiful day to go. The weather could not have been more perfect. I had not been since I was in elementary school when I begged my parents to take me to the Chicago concert. My only memory was of my parents using their fingers to plug their ears cause the music was blaring. Didn't really know what to expect today. It was one of those things I filed under "Not really my thing, but if it makes my kids happy..."
I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was. The rides were fun, the animals were adorable (Ally particularly loved the pig races. She kept talking about the piglets until she went to bed), and whats not to like about carnival food. I want to make this an annual tradition with the family. I know I don't approve of some of the Rodeo events like the bucking and the calf roping, but it does bring in alot of money for a good cause. I think it is ingenius to have the rides on a ticket system, because you don't realize you are playing $3 for a ride that lasts 25 seconds.
Erin and I had a good laugh when we saw the area where the chickens were and the background was a mural of the process a chicken goes through from the farm to our plate. How morbid is that!

2 comments:

HFP said...

We had to get Dylan a wristband at the Austin Rodeo for the rides cause it was robbery! Might as well ride as much as he wants.

For the State Fair, I don't think there are wrist bands. $150 bucks in 2 hours. And it wasn't Disney World.

It's crazy how we stand there with all the parents complaining, but we keep paying.

We're a bunch of suckers! Haha!

Erin said...

We had a great time! I love that picture of them hugging!! Can I get a copy? Yeehaw!