Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A packed weekend




Ally ran her first official race this past Saturday for Get Fit-Play Hard Kid's Only Fun Run, whose proceeds will be used to support sport and fitness programs, activities and equipment for children in our community. Fun was had by all and we were so proud to see Ally cross the finish line. Granted, it was only a quarter mile, but I could tell she was overjoyed with her sense of accomplishment. The medal was just icing on the cake.
Then we headed off to Morgan's birthday party where we discovered an awesome Sugar Land Park, kids got to beat on a pinata and feast on hamburgers, hotdogs, and a My Little Pony Cake. What's not to like about that.
We wrapped up the weekend with Lauren's birthday party. I always enjoy hanging out with the crew. It brings a smile to my face to think that we are all still close 15 years later and that our kids will grow up close.
On a side note: Am I the only person that doesn't eat boiled crawfish? All that work for a piece of meat that's half the size of my pinky? If its picked out for me, that is a different story. Lucky for me, Lawrence's fingers work at warp speed due to all those years of video game training.

1 comments:

Lawrence Tam said...

great weekend.
1) thanks Kelly for running with Ally. When she ate it 2 times I felt really bad but I'm carrying a 25lbs baby and nate isn't helping encourage me. I'm not Dick Hoyt. I got winded just running 100 yards trying to catch up. But Kelly basically running with Ally 1/2 way helped motivate her to finish. Thanks!

2)Man, nate got dirty. dirty little man. I'm a stickler for safety and it plainly said the jungle gym was for 5-12 yr olds. I wanted to pull nate off as there are older kids on there and it was a bit slick from some mud. Nate decides to climb 2 stairs and proceed to jump off thinking the floor won't hurt. good thing they use the rubber mulch I have in my playhouse. the Pinzones really know how to cook it up. Joe cracks me up all the time, him and his moving pinata.

3) Claire is one funny lady. I'm taking care of nate and he decides to throw his body into the bouncers soccer net and get stuck. He's crying cause he can't move and i pop him and and it's business as usual. Then all I hear is "Lawrence, go talk to Eric about electricity!!!!" Wow, woman doesn't mess around. Haha, that's cool. I don't mind working for claire cause women doesn't have hidden agendas