Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year



Chinese New Year was fun for Ally this year. She loved getting her red envelopes (who wouldn't?), but she understood that there was money in there. She would tell me, "Mommy, there's money in there. Save it for me."
At school, I let her take lucky money in the red envelopes to all her classmates. I had to go to the bank to get new money, and the teller knew exactly why. It's fun that their school took a week to celebrate Chinese New Year.
This past Saturday, we went to my father-in-law's Gala. We saw Lion Dances, Hawaiian Fire Dancer, and Ally's favorite was the fashion show. She was totally mesmerized. The following day, she even donned a chinese dress Law's dad bought her and did a fashion show for Liana and James.

1 comments:

Lawrence Tam said...

if you look closely. nate is stealing an egg roll