Sunday, November 04, 2007

Birthdays Galore!






Fall is definitely birthday season! Ally gets really excited about her friend's birthdays. She had to remind me to get Eloise's present this past weekend, because I almost walked out the door without it. At Elizabeth's party, Nate had icing for the first time. It was so funny to see this big smile come across his face as he went into sugar overload.
Eloise's party was at Build-A-Bear and Ally just had to have the dinosaur. Fine, but all the other girls had tutus, and fairy wings, and purses, and sequence, and outfits you think normal girly-girls would pick out. Oh no...not my Ally. She not only picked the triceratops, but Terry had to wear a camo vest. I think its funny I had to sneak in hair bows for Terry just to fem her up a little.

Now its time for me to start planning her party and I'm really excited about it, because she's really excited about it. She asks me almost on a daily basis the sequence of events that has to happen before her birthday comes around. "First its Nathan's birthday"..."yes Ally"..."then we go to Austin"..."thats right"..."then we go to Disneyworld"..."yep"...."then its my birthday!!!"

I can't believe she's almost 3. Today she was sorting through my bags of groceries and suddenly had a perplexed look on her face. I asked her "Whats the matter, baby?" She said "Nothing, Mommy. I'm just thinking." Say what? Oh, I'm sorry to have interrupted your train of thought. Funny girl.

0 comments: