Saturday, September 15, 2007

I won an ipod nano! Praise the Lord


Oh Snap!

Someone in my winzy group just won me an Ipod Nano. Yes you heard me. All this person did was use winzy to search the internet and he won an ipod nano. Since he joined winzy under me I also got a nano. I opted to get $149 Amazon credit just in case they are sending old nano's. I planned to get a nano next year for my birthday but I guess I'll get getting it sooner.

All I can say is God is good. Ever since we heard that sermon about giving to god ( and not giving your leftovers but your top 10%) he will give you more in return. I thought that was pretty funny since I grew up giving $20/week as a family. tithing is a personal subject and those forced into doing it are doing it for the wrong reason. After going all out and tithing I've received 4 shirts, $15 amazon credits, $10 calling card, hawaii trip for 4 for 5 days, ipod nano, xbox live points, ipod shuffle, 2 xbox 360 controllers, $80 from epinions reviews, $100+ from fatwallet, $10 adsense, nintendo wii remote, $25 worth of goozex credits

Of course a lot of it comes from having good friends that will help me out like Franklin. That dude busted it for windows live and winzy and I'm glad for that.

I had one of the best weeks last week when I was talking to our friend Jane. That girl is funny. Anyhoo I talked to her about being my electricity customer and she came back the next couple days calling me saying "Lawrence, I know I have other options for my service but I want to support you in your new business venture and I want to be your customer". Dang, I was tearing up. That is some touching stuff considering that week before I had talked to 30 people and I've heard the weirdest excuses to not being my customer.

1) I like reliant and their higher price
2) I don't like change
3) I don't want to give you any of my money (what is funny I don't get anything from them)
4) I don't mix business with pleasure
5) I don't want to cause I'm lazy
6) I don't like you enough
7) What have you done for me
8) $20/month really isn't worth my hassle
9) Are you trying to scam me

Now don't think for a moment I didn't have people bend over backwards but I've faced a lot of rejection in 14 days. Way more than expected but from this experience I have gotten a thicker skin very quickly. Plus I talked to a friend who as in the Ignite business and she had the best quote that fit what i was going through "Family and friends will give you a kidney if you need it, but they might not be willing to be your energy customers."

As my dad has stated. No one owes you a explanation for their "no" regardless how close or tight you are with them. And in 2 weeks I've grown up a lot. All in all I'm a better person and God still takes care of our family regardless of how corny I am. ;)

0 comments: