Monday, September 24, 2007

Food attack and football with ally

59 Diner - First time there and I have to say, Not impressed. I think I'd rather go to waffle house for this type of food. I hear Black Walnut Cafe is pretty good so I gotta try that. - Chicken fried steak with pancakes. 2/5 rating

Live Oak - Great food for prices less than Luby's! What is not to like in restaurant that looks like a house on a side of a road. I actually got a mojito there for $4 vs the $10 at cheesecake restaurant. I had the chicken friend steak with mac & cheese with some giant onion rings. blows 59 diner out of the water. 4/5 rating

Bum Phillips BBQ - Inside reliant stadium and I guess it took out all the luther's bbq. I had the fully loaded nachoes and it was pretty good. Not to self "NO MORE jalapeƱos". For some reason I feel like a nacho without one is not a nacho plate. Then like a dummy put on some raw onions and my nose was itchy the entire game. why did my dad want to eat at a place where the owner took the oilers from us is beyone me. 3/5 rating

I think I'd rather eat Jessica's cooking. After eating all this and learning to not "EAT UNTIL I KEEL OVER" I am down to ~ 202lbs. That's about 5 lbs in 2 weeks w/o working out. Bling Bling

====

Indy vs Texans - we were going to try and take ally to her first football game. So jess leaves for church and I was waiting for my dad to pick us both up. we all thought kids would be free under like 5 or as long as they sit on you. Well, right before my dad came I checked and it said:

Is there an age limit for entrance into the stadium without purchasing a ticket?
Yes, all children two years and older need a ticket to attend the game.

Ally was heart broken. She was in her texans cheerleader outfit and everything. She was crying bad and I felt horrible setting her up for that. I've made a decision to play by the rules more and more and decided it was not worth trying to sneak her in as that is setting a bad example for ally to learn from that. So I unloaded all the goodies from my pocket that I was saving for ally at the game and she stopped crying and let me go okay. Turns out ally didn't even eat the candy cause she wanted to save the lollipop and other goodies for the airplane. DANG! that girl is good. to show that kind of self restraint means she won't have a problem about eating herself to 200lbs like daddy. I love that girl and am so blessed she understands so much. I take too much for granted and I hope one day she realizes how good she as. I brought home 4 texans pom poms and she was cool with that. The game was freaking loud and she's like her mom in that she hates loud stuff.

=========
I thought it was interesting that the Houston Texans has a website page dedicated to build your business with Texans season tickets. They must be reading my mind because that is exactly what I want to do. I hope to have a pair of season tickets for 2008-2009. I think that is a good way to show some appreciation to the people working for me in my new business or even new clients. I wonder if I can write that off. Of course the tickets I give away will not be the good ones ;) That would be tight to actually have season tickets and maybe even tailgate? Or even have an excuse for out of town friends to drop in. This hasn't gotten to jess yet but I do believe if everything takes off she won't mind me going to more games.... I hope...

1 comments:

The Wifey said...

What was even more heartbreaking was when we occassionally flipped the channel back to the game, she would run up to the TV and say "Do you see Daddy? Where is he? Daddy having fun?" My sweet baby girl. I felt so bad when I came home and offered her every candy in the pantry and she turned it all down and said she was saving it all for the plane. Great...our plane ride in Nov is going to be alot of fun w/ her bouncing off the walls.