Thursday, September 06, 2007

Dream Job

Obviously, every guy I know has to work to feed themselves, family, or parents. There is no question to that. So I have been telling jess for years that when I retire from engineering I want to go into middle school teaching and positional football coach. I think it's funny that my dream job is to be a teacher when I know so many people who are teachers and tell me how burnt out they are.

I would want to teach algebra or geometry. I would do physics but I don't think I'm good enough at it and cause I'm not good with the electrical side vs the physical physics side.

Why teach math to student anyways? I believe math is a universal language that can be applied to finances, deductive reasoning, and building self esteem. Now why would math help someone's self esteem? I like that fact in math there is generally 1 answer and there are multiple ways to do it yet always has a resolution. Anyone can teach math as long as you have the tools and you will see the outcome.

Most people hate math and it saddens me. I do believe that the common adult in the US has a credit card debt mainly because they don't know numbers. Math should be extended in school to encompass finance as people really have a warped sense of money. How people don't know how credit is used just blows me away. "you mean this is money I have to pay back?" or "I'll just pay the minimum so I don't have to shell out so much right now".

I want to be a Offensive/Defensive Line coach. I don't want to be a head coach at all. I'd rather be a Offensive/Defensive coordinator first. I would love to show people who to gain leverage or even how to use your feet better. What is sad was I was one of the smallest players in high school yet I had more heart than almost all of them. The amount of crying you would hear from people is too funny. Main reason I don't think woman can play football besides physical skills is that they can't take pain. I don't think there is any full time football player that doesn't play hurt with something. Broken fingers, gashed forearms, sore forehead, bruised thighs... Even after all of that I can't wait for Nathan to play!

I know plenty of woman would love to reply with "did you deliver a baby?". I always respond "if god let men have children then woman should also bare the brunt of working" as that is only fair. And if the wife does have to work then it's the husbands responsibility to step it up at home. This is a team game and just because the father had a rough day at work doesn't mean the wife didn't have a rough day at work too. Plus, you mean i get a giant stomach (which i got), sore back, morning sickness, stretch marks and a painful delivery for what? How about paternity leave, wife babying ME with messages, people opening the door for me, people bending over backwards to help me, AND I get an irreplaceable connection to my kids. ummmm I WOULD DO IT IN A HEART BEAT. You mean I get to stay at home with the kids vs getting burnt out at work? I'd trade that any freaking day. To hear my babies laugh cause ally farted or that nathan threw his plastic waffle at obi is priceless.

Just because the average father rather be at work then take care of their kids doesn't mean I should be included in that batch. Again, I am not what I do for a living. I'm a father that likes to goof off and push my kids over the edge. I like to eat and sleep and tell jessica she's freaking smoking hot today. I'm a guy who rather put a puzzle together then use solidworks. I'm a dude who rather mow my lawn then talk to one of my managers. I'd love to go to church and just soak up the praise and worship music vs having to hear how people complain about whatever at work.

I'm a Christian father who has many faults that loves his kids and would do whatever it takes to get them a good life. Sure i surf too much, don't tell jessica i love her enough, didn't hug my parents enough, didn't tell jess's parents how thankful I am to have them, don't dedicate 100% of my time with my kids, didn't teach ally a new word today, or I didn't pour 100% of my energy at work when at work. After all that, I am a mechanical engineer by day.

2 comments:

The Wifey said...

hmmm...dont know about letting my budsy play football. its going to be hard to watch him get knocked around. maybe i can stand on the sidelines too with neosporin and gauze in hand to patch him up throughout the game. u think nate would mind...hahaha.
praise God for the life we have!!!

Lawrence Tam said...

so what is funny, I want LESS responsibility so I can enjoy my job more.

there are trainers that put that weird iodine stuff on you and wrap you up. the first time he gets knocked out is the time he becomes a man. nothing like getting your bell rung then coming back to ring someone else's bell.

again, football is not tennis. You get banged up but it's worth it.