Friday, August 31, 2007

My little baby is not a baby anymore


These past few weeks have been really hard for me as I realize my baby girl is growing up. She tells me things like " That's ok Mommy, maybe we can go tomorrow" with her hand on her hip, or "Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm so silly" as she chuckles as if she has lost her mind.

She is now potty-trained!! Lawrence and I have been praying all summer for her, and just when we had come to grips with it not being anytime soon, she decides to go on her own one night. The Lord is ever so faithful.

Our usual bedtime routine - Lawrence and I read 1 book that she picks, we pray, we sing a song of her choosing, tuck her in with her bedtime pals, and kiss goodnight. Wednesday night, she picked Dinosaur Roar, one of her favorites..so much so that she has memorized the entire book. I am only the official page-flipper, she does all the "reading". On the last page, it reads "Gobble Gobble, Nibble Nibble...". She always said "Gobble Gobble Niko Niko", which I found endearing so I rarely corrected her. That night, she was reading it and said "Nibble Nibble". Lawrence and I looked at each other in shock. Then as we were singing Itsy Bitsy Spider, she was just belting her little heart out and singing all the words, it just overwhelmed me. I left the room tearing up.

Today was Meet the Teacher day. Ally's teacher for this school year will be Mrs. Mac. She seems very sweet and loving towards the kids. Ally was very excited to see all her friends in the same class. Let's hope that when school starts Tuesday, everything will go smoothly.

1 comments:

Erin said...

I'm sure she'll love it...and you may just be crying all over again! She is getting to be such a big girl!! What a sweetie!