Friday, May 11, 2007

Galveston







Sarah and I took the kiddos to Galveston today to ride the Ferry and feed the seagulls. On the ride there, I made the mistake of telling Ally that we might see sharks on the boat. For the next hour, Ally and Eloise constantly asked about the sharks...will they get on the boat, will they bite my leg, are they sleeping, i want to see a shark, can i pet the shark...on and on with the barage of questions.
We finally get on the ferry to feed the seagulls. I am petrified of birds, especially the ones that have no concept of personal space...like pigeons. I learned today that seagulls don't either. They hovered around us so close that I could feel their feet touching my hair. Yuck!! But Ally and Eloise had a blast. They loved the idea of throwing up bread and the seagulls will catch it in the air.
After our boat excursion, we decided to take a stroll on Stewart Beach since it was such a nice day. Our stroll turned into an all out body submersion in the ocean. Ally and Eloise had so much fun waiting for the waves to hit them as they laid in the water.
I must say I was pleasantly surprised at how clean Stewart Beach is. We will definitely take the kids back again next month. This time, with bathing suits.

2 comments:

HFP said...

That's very cool to go to Galveston. You're probably the last person I'd thought would think Galveston beaches are clean...just joking. But it's good to know cause it's so close by and it'd be a cheap beach trip.

So that's Eloise, it's nice to put a face to Ally's friends.

I went to QT Fest tonight to meet Quentin Tarantino. Gosh...I'm a mom and too old for this stuff. I can't say I enjoy it as much as just watching Dylan ride a bike on the street. Sad...what's happening?

Anonymous said...

That is so nice you have a body of water so close...hahaha....we are 5 hours away from anything other than a pool!!

Looks like the girls had a blast!