Monday, April 16, 2007

To richard and his bbq



The reviewers rave...

"I don't like brisket, but for me to really like this brisket means this stuff is good. If I could just eat the fat by itself I would" - Jessica [novice - and likes the fat cuts]

"I sprinkled some shredded cheese and zapped it with the layer of fat on it. The end result could only be described as meat that melts in your mouth" - Lawrence [rookie - more a rib person but that brisket is top notch]

"I'm going to cut the layer of fat off as most normal people don't eat that. also, if you do microwave it, just cut it off after it's reheated." - Richard [the cook - man with the smoker]

"Tell richard to leave me some brisket, but remember I want the fatty brisket." - Law's Dad

Cut the fat off, oh you mean so jess can eat it straight up? I'm not a big time "eat the fat with meat" person but that brisket is much better with the fat. Maybe it's a Tam thing that we like it soft and juicy?

3 comments:

RC said...

I can't, in good conscience, allow you to hurt yourselves like that. Next time I'm cutting off most of the fat before I give it to you. Your arteries will thank you.

-Richard "smokey" Cheng

The Wifey said...

what???? thats like me eating a burger without cheese or fries without ranch....my arteries might thank you, but deep down, they'll be longing for the fat to melt in my mouth.

Lawrence Tam said...

you see, this is were jess says "if it's messy or doesn't look good to eat i'd rather just not eat it"

she's so picky so if she wants to eat the same dish over and over, at least she likes it. and if she likes her some fatty brisket, i hope it will be in moderation.

as long as she knows she can't eat herself to death before I pass away. cause we all know guys have a shorter life expectancy due to having more limbs.