Thursday, January 26, 2006

My new job

so. here are some quick thoughts at my new job after sitting here for 4 days

1) 9/80 schedule but with 30min lunches = i get in a 7am leave at 4:30 m-th
2) it's ~ 35miles from my house and flying down the belt i can get there in 45min but afternoons take ~1hr. I just joined a van pool, gameboy anyone? maybe i can bring my portable dvd player for the afternoon ride back?
3) just like Halliburton, this place has some really old people (lots of people with 25+ yrs of exp) and really old appliances. my telephone is the old school phone that freaking hurts when u hang it on your shoulder. the vending machine has the ones where u can see the actual coke in a display case. the microwave is the win you spin a dial.
4) i actually got a nice dell machine (P4-3.8 2gig ram, fx quadro 1400, water cooled). i wish i had dual monitor and a better video card, but i'm happy
5) no one freaking surfs at work!!!!!!!
6) everyone seems so go by (i live to work and not the i work for a living)

all in all, i'm pretty happy. i don't have a mentor but the guy training me is pretty laid back and not all up in my face or even rude. that is a giant bonus!

0 comments: