Monday, August 25, 2008

My little Avatar



I don't watch the cartoon, but I know who he is from the commercials and toys and now Nate reminds me of him.
So here goes the story...
Saturday before heading out to dinner with Anh, Claire, and families, we decided to take the kids to get their haircuts with Lawrence, who was long overdue for a cut. We walked in and there were about 3 people waiting, so I was getting antsy. I should have followed my instincts and not go to the next available hairdresser for Nate. I had never seen her before in there, but thought, hey, just a little buzz, a little trim off the top and sides...no big deal. Little did I know it was a BIG buzz...not just off the back but the top and sides. I was with Ally getting her haircut so didn't glance over at Nate until he was shaved.
Initial reaction? Sob like a schoolgirl. That was my gut reaction. The other hairdressers kept apologizing, but the deed was done. I tried to keep my composure, paid for the haircut even though they insisted there was no charge, and even tipped them well.
I can laugh about it now, as Lawrence says, hair grows back. I think I took it so hard cause Nate had such great hair. Laid down nicely, soft, black with natural brown highlights in it. I'm hoping it doesn't grow back all coarse and kinky like his daddy's.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No worries. He still look adorable.

Anonymous said...

It looks great!! He is such a cutie!

The Wifey said...

It's growing on me. I catch myself and Ally rubbing his head throughout day. What can I say...he can be bald and flash that smile at me and I would still melt.

RC said...

Like a little kung fu monk.