Friday, August 01, 2008

facebook marketplace scam

Be careful. I got 3 buyer e-mails. All of them have the same theme.

1) They always ask again how the product is and how much it costs when my listings already state those two - I'm like sure, your slow but I'll repeat the information
2) They always have a middle man shipping company. They want to know where you live so they can mail you a money order.
3) They want you to take the check and cash it but there will be extra money on it so you will need to return the extra funds via western union - HAHAHAHA. At this point I'm like what the heck. Who the heck falls for this. So I google and generally $50 item being sold will be send a $1500 check. They then cash the check but they don't wait for it to bounce and the seller has already sent back the difference. The seller then realizes he's out the item plus money. If necessary, I bet you 100% that if you took the check to the police they will tell you it's a fake check
4) The e-mails have terrible english or all caps spelling
5) All of them want you to contact them through e-mail vs facebook messaging

wow. people like this make me sick.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yup, you hit it right on the spot.

Thanks for the info.