Friday, June 13, 2008

Wii Fit Post #1

So. the great Cheng and Nguyen clan pulled together and got me wii fit for my bday. That is pretty cool considering I was looking for it but gave up since it's sold out everywhere and I'm lazy about working out.

Does it work? Not really sure. It seems accurate but seems weird I can be losing that much weight. I'm wondering if the standard "light" clothing option of 2lbs is fluctuating for me. I generally wear some shorts and a tank or a tshirt so the poundage shouldn't change so much.

I'm 5'8 and turning 30yrs old in a couple days.

BMI Goal without taking in my frame is:

BMI 25
Weight: 169 (just a side note. last time I was 169 was back in 7th grade. Even for my wedding when I ran 6 times a week I was down to 185lbs)

Try to do a minimum of 30min to 45min each time.

BMI is BS but I'll go with it as a way to drive myself from being "fat"

6/8/2008 Day 1
BMI 37
Weight: 205
Status: Obese (doooooooh!)

6/9/2008 Day 2
BMI: 29
Weight: 197
Status: Overweight (better but dooooh!)

6/10/2008 Day 3
BMI 28.6
Weight: 193

6/12/2008 Day 4
BMI 28.4
Weight: 192

6/13/2008 Day 5
BMI 27.9
Weight: 188 lbs

I don't know what the deal is. I try and weight myself at the same time of day and before I work out but still. I dropped almost 17 lbs and I thought my weight was for sure around 205lbs. I call BS. I did have some tokyo one buffett and maggiano's the day before my bday and after and maybe my body is dumping it all out? I don't see my body getting more exercise than when I do 30min elliptical. I don't sweet that much on the wii.

The old scale we got I go between 198-202lbs

----

CORRECTION

So Wii Fit comes with some extra standoffs to lift you higher off of thicker carpet. Didn't think I needed it so I just left them off cause I could slide the wii fit under the couch easily w/o them. Well for giggles I put them on and guess what. I didn't lose jack

I'm still 205 and obese. Dooooh. I think the carpet helped take some weight off of me. I will continue to use the standoffs. So I didn't lose any weight. A duh. I'm drinking beer. but I feel my triceps and and stomache getting tighter.

3 comments:

Ricardo said...

Also, I don't think working out on Wii Fit with an "adult beverage" counts ;)

Try weighing yourself first thing in the morning after waking up. It's the most accurate. Back it up with a regular bathroom scale if you are not sure.

Ricardo said...

Oh, and I also agree that BMI is BS. Weight and % fat is where it's at.

BTW, so you can feel better, right now I am 200 lbs. 30% fat...whooo hoooo!

Yeah... I'm getting on the bike this afternoon. Finally got it fixed yesterday.

HFP said...

I don't get this thing...

How is it that men can just eat one less chip and loose 5 pounds?

Or drink light beer and loose another 5?

It's crazy that I try to be healthy and drink more water...and I wake up 2 pounds heavier...and a week later...I'm still carrying it!