Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto

Why am I walking around like a robot you ask? Well, I awoke at 5:53am this morning to find Lawrence, who should have been out of the house at 5:30am still konked out in bed. I frantically rolled to his side of the bed to give him one good kick to get out of bed. After all my tumbling, I realized that I had gotten a kink in my neck, most likely from sleeping in a bad position. I got up, put some salonpass (old school grandma-smelling patch you stick on your muscles for relief) on my neck and went back to bed. 2 hours later, I went upstairs to get Natey and as I was lowering him to change his diaper, I felt my entire neck and back tense up and I was stiff. It's quite scary to be paralyzed at that moment with 2 youngsters running around. I couldn't walk, couldn't sit. Thank goodness my hero was there to save the day! Ally ran to get me the phone, and I called my mom. We were stuck upstairs until my mom came since I couldn't pick Nathan up to bring him downstairs.
Ally has just been unbelievably sweet all day. She holds my hand to help me walk around. As I was reading her a book before naptime, she got up, walked behind me, and started massaging my neck and shoulders and then started kissing me all along my shoulders. "Is it feeling better now, Mommy?" I started getting teary-eyed. She is turning into such a compassionate, loving, and empathetic human being, it just totally melts me. Lawrence and I are so privileged to watch these 2 kids grow up to be the kind of people we want to be.

3 comments:

Lawrence Tam said...

if only i could stay home with the kiddos

HFP said...

I truly believe that being a stay-at-home mom is the most amazing job.

And I hope that women who choose to do this feels as strongly about it as I do. This is the best way I can contribute to my family and my child deserves nothing less.

That said, not everyone is suited for this job. Take Lyndon, he'd never stay home. Not in a million years!

The Wifey said...

Hmmm...did Wii Fit for 2 days and now I can't move my neck...any correlation?