Wednesday, February 06, 2008

$100 off sony PS3? You betcha!


So, after many months of almost buying a Archos 605, ipod nano, and the xbox 360 premium set I have decided that Blu Ray is king.

So, this is how the story goes. I won a ipod nano from someone I invited using the winzy search engine. He won a IPod Nano and since I was the one who invited him I won too, sweet! I took the cash option from amazon for $150. That $150 had to be spent. Reason? If you don't spend the cash winning then you really didn't win anything. the cash will just get dumped into your bank and lost like you never won anything.

Interesting how God works. As I constantly donated away my gaming and vegas winnings to charities like living water, acres of hope, and child's play charity, more and more money kept pouring in. Sure the Ignite business was blowing up but the more I gave away of my own personal allowance the more I won (all earnings from Ignite have gone to the kids and Jess's spending). Between blingo, winzy, epinions, switchplanet, goozex, ebay, surveys, Las Vegas, birthdays... I was taking in a lot of personal spending money. I have allocated $40/month to anything (toys) as sign that if I really wanted something I'm going to save to get it. I was planning on saving for a full year to get a xbox 360. Instead? The more I donated the more I got showered with more return! That is just mind blowing.

Deal breakdown on how I got a PS3 for $279.99
-I opened a new amazon account under Nathan
-Rated a ps3 controller, ps3 remote, and some ps3 cables as 5 stars
-Everyday the amazon gold box would suggest some items and for that day those items are 5% off.
-I applied for this chase sony card that gives you $100 back if you spend $299. The ad for this card actually has a ps3 and pushes it to use it. Chase Card $100 off anything over $299. People have been using this card to buy ipods, xbox 360, and tvs...
-I had to buy the PS3 by Jan 31 to get the 5 free blu ray movies... check!
-I ordered the ps3 40gb for $379.99 (reg $399.99) with standard free shipping jan 31 like at 10pm. Chase saw the charge on Feb 1
-I got the ps3 in my house feb 4 at noon. Now that is fast free shipping!
-$100 sony chase credit posted to my account feb 5.

Total cost to own a PS3 = $279.99
Total I paid for my wii = $269.98

PS3 is the better deal hands down. I'll speak more of folding@home in another post.

Picture of nate: Who said you can't workout with games?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a little hesitant about bringing in yet another gaming console into our house, but I have to admit, the movies look spectacular. We've only watched a bit of Live Free or Die Hard but I really was amazed.