Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sibling Dynamics

Yesterday and today, I got a glimpse of the good times and not-so-good times we have ahead of us. Yesterday, Ally was playing with her MegaBlocks and she was sharing with Nathan...very generously I might add. She only wanted the long rectangular ones and gave him all the other pieces. Was that good enough for little Budsy? No, sir. He only wanted the pieces his big sister had. It was quite funny at the time...Ally trying to hide the blocks like a mother bird protecting her hatchlings, all the while screaming "Mommy! Help me! No Nathan!", and Nate going at her full speed. It was the first time Nate really gave Ally a run for her money. Girlie, you better get use to it. He'll be bigger than you before long.
But then today in the car, our errands ran a little long so Nate was getting fussy in the car. Music didn't work, and toys didn't calm him. Suddenly, I hear him giggling and I look in my rear view mirror and notice Ally tickling his arm and making funny faces at him. It just warmed my heart. It's days like today I might just cave in and give Law the third baby he's been nagging me about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have noticed the same thing with the girls...they will be playing so quietly in Isabel's room and I peek in and it is so sweet. And then a few minutes later I hear crying (usually Isabel) and the fun times are over!

Isabel does entertain Tori in the car also. Maybe it is a big sister thing! :)

Lawrence Tam said...

i told you! so what we might risk not having a well behaved 3rd child. that is in gods hands.

I do believe big man did say in Gen 1:28
"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth"

3 kids whooop!