Monday, April 23, 2007

Why I hate the NBA

don't get me wrong. I like yao ming and the rockets. But something about the NBA as a whole just makes me sick. Almost to the point of baseball where I can't even watch it. I might have to only stick with college.

1)Houston Rockets have a better record then the Utah Jazz. BUT. Utah won their division so they are 4th see and Rockets 5th seed. I'm okay with that. BUT why oh WHY is the (4) Utah playing @ (5) Houston game 1 and 2? This is a new rule the stuck in to prevent the mavs vs spurs thing from last year but come on!!!! Lower seeds mean they are better and earned a right to have homecourt advantage! This is so freaking dumb. I still don't how the nba can tell utah, "sorry, your a 4th seed going to houston game 1 and 2".

2)The hand is not part of the ball

3)Kids need to stay in school as long as NFL ppl. at least until their junior year. Young minds with millions of dollars is not a good combination.

2 comments:

HFP said...

Stay in school. YES! Making the players wear suits doesn't make them any more mature or respectable.

Baseball - why is Barry Bonds still allowed to play. Yesterday I was bored - cause Lyndon was making me watch SportCenter - so I looked up the before and after picture of Bonds...that's just wack.

Anonymous said...

For me - I like the new rule so crappy divisions do not get the benefit of home court. Think of it like the NBA finals where home court is determined by the record... hmm but that would mean a sorry ass East team could get an amazing record. But that wouldn't happen bc they still have to play West teams

Anyways - you have to like it since the Rockets earned it! Let the real season begin....